Friday, September 30, 2022

American Knights 2018 IMCF World Championship Day 1 Highlights Knight Fi...

My years of effort are finally deeing fruition! DEspite hardships, inconveniences, tribulations, resistance, technical difficulties and one diva of a camera person (who will remain nameless), the anticipated video record of USA Knights at the 2018  International Medieval COmbat World Championships is finally beginning its release! Below is a two-minute highlight reel of the fist of four disks, each chronicling one of the four days of the competition.

 

This project turned out to be larger than I expected and I wound up with less help than I had planned. There were more hours of footage than ever before, and there was no way it was all going to fit on one disk, even dual layer. So as the days kept slipping past as I plowed through match after match, meking hard decisions aboltu how bet to present each fight and wehere to but the interviews, etc, I realized that I could simply put each day of fighting on a separate disk. Furthermore, rather than keeping all the loyal friends and fans who pre-ordered the video and supported me through my GoFundMe campaign waiting, I decided to release each disk as they are finished!

The first disk was shipped to those who pre-ordered today, and added today to my catalog of videos, music CDs, and comics. The next three are already rough-cut, and should come outat a rate of one per month until the end of the years.

Someday, maybe, I will find the time to make one more special disk that may include a shortened version of the program (fight highlights rather than full fights), more interviews, and more footage shot in connection with this project. But for now, just getting these four disks done is my objective.

Please enjoy that video above and the rough cuts of other matches fromt he tournament below that will appear in the final product. If you feel that this is a worthy project and would like to help it come to completion, please visit the GoFundMe page and become a sponsor (every sponsorship over $30 gets all four disks as they are completed) or go to the catalog page and place your order through Paypal.

 Onward and upward!

No comments: